We are considering all skill-levels: hobbyists, graduates and experienced developers. It's your attitude, potential and passion that matter, not your previous experience.
Viva IT is an innovative and exciting software development company. We specialise in creating web-based software to help and grow small to large businesses. We're based in the heart of Leicester's technology park, in an office space surrounded by like-minded businesses.
Founded and run by software engineers, we believe there are just a few simple things needed to create great software: great technology, a great working environment (which includes great coffee!), and most importantly great people.
We take an agile approach to product development, forgoing the traditional vertical structure of management, meaning that even our newest developers will be given opportunities to lead and learn.
We're looking for software engineers who share our passion for code. We're primarily a PHP team, but we're strong believers that language doesn't matter - the kind of software engineer we're looking for will be able to create magic, regardless of the language.
Ultimately, we want people who have a compulsion to solve problems, that thrive at being challenged, and most of all, people who have a real passion for the work. People just like us.
We are considering all skill levels - hobbyists, graduates and experienced developers. It's your attitude, potential and passion that matter, not your previous experience - that is something we can provide you with.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Programming experience (personal or commercial), ideally in PHP.
- Experience in or an understanding of object-oriented design and patterns.
- Experience in creating database driven applications.
- Experience in version control systems, particularly Git.
- A good understanding of web application security.
- A good understanding of testing.
- A passion for open-source technology.
We have a number of projects at various stages of completion, from ones still at the concept stage to production and in use by large organisations.
Perks of the Job
- Work with passionate, like-minded people.
- A relaxed office environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- On-site parking, direct cycle routes, and a shower.
- Great tea and coffee.
- A Herman Miller chair.
The Joel Test
The 'Joel Test' is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidate write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
Our score: 12/12
We do not work with recruiters in any capacity. Please do not call us or send unsolicited CV's.
Job Directory Websites
If you came to this page via another recruitment website or job directory, please be advised that the only channel we accept applications is via the email address at the bottom of this page. If you submit your information through any other channel it will probably not come through to us.
If you're interested, please send us anything you'd like us to take a look at such as your CV, links to your personal website, portfolios or GitHub to email@example.com.
Grow with us. Help us to succeed, and we'll help you to succeed.
If you have an enquiry or would like to apply for a role on our careers page, please do not contact the office via telephone as we are busy creating new software tools. Any messages sent to our careers email address will be picked up by a member of our team.