We're looking for someone to be the go-to person for help - you will be responsible for communication between our customers and our company and helping them with any software issues. An understanding of technology and the ability to build strong friendly relationships is essential for this role.
Viva IT is an innovative software development company. We specialise in fintech and banking software to a small number of clients around the UK. We're fully remote, but generally based around Leicestershire and the East Midlands.
We believe there are just a few simple things needed to create great careers: great technology, a great working environment, and most importantly great people around you.
We're looking for people who share our passion for quality software. Ultimately, we want people who have a compulsion to solve problems, love being around like-minded people, thrive at being challenged, and most of all people who just have a passion for the work. People just like us.
- Provide technical support and assistance to our customers via phone, email, or chat
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop/laptop hardware and software issues for our customers
- Help our internal staff with issues
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware and software systems
- Learn and understand our bespoke software and provide assistance to our clients
- Collaborate with our software developers, third-party technical teams and vendors to resolve issues
- Document customer interactions and resolutions in a ticketing system
- Update documentation including configuration documents, access logs, schedules and other documentation to operate within an ISO 27001 compliant framework (data security)
- Assist with network troubleshooting and maintenance
- Conduct system upgrades and patch management with effectiveness reporting
- Operate effectively within an SLA framework
- Provide training and guidance to customers on the use of software applications
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking principles
- Experience with firewall configuration and management
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems
- Knowledge / proficiency in Microsoft Cloud services (Entra, InTune)
- Knowledge and experience in Google Workspace
- Familiarity with YouTrack or other ticketing systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to LAN/WAN connectivity, VPNs, and remote access
- Knowledge of IT support best practices and methodologies
- Experience in desktop support and troubleshooting
- In this role, you are expected to be bringing in significant experience from previous roles backed with professional qualifications.
- At least 2 years experience in the field.
- Specification capture
- 8-hour shifts (40 hour per week)
- Typically Monday - Friday 0900 - 1730, with occasional weekend with flexibility (covering)
- Shift flexibility depending on cover available i.e. 0800 - 16:30, 0900 - 17:30, 1130 - 2000
- £1,500/year available for continuous professional development.
- Opportunity to be around software developers in a fast paced environment (if you are looking for skill transfer)
The COVID-19 lockdowns accelerated our plans to become a remote-first company. Our team has transitioned fully to fully remote and there are no plans to return to the office. We heavily use remote collaboration tools. Although the path to remote-first includes an international team and no restrictions on working times, we're not quite ready for this yet.
It is critical that:
- You have a quiet and comfortable location where you can work from home, equipment can be provided.
- You can travel occasionally (2-4 times a year) to a location in the East Midlands, UK.
- You can work typical office times 09:00 to 17:30 (we've not transitioned to full flexible working)
- Must be based in the UK permanently.
We are not licensed to sponsor a visa and we have no immediate plans to register for a license.
Eligibility to work in the UK
Please ensure that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom before you apply without a time limited visa.
We do not work with recruiters in any capacity. Please do not call us or send unsolicited CV's.
Although we have a remote team, we do occasionally meet up for social or business critical kick-off meetings. It is important that you can occasionally travel to these venues which will be based around the East Midlands.
Job Directory Websites
If you came to this page via another recruitment website or job directory, please be advised that if you submit your information through this job directory channel, you might not get a response.
If you're interested, please send us anything you'd like us to take a look at such as your CV, cover letter, links to your personal website, portfolios or GitHub to email@example.com.
Grow with us. Help us to succeed, and we'll help you to succeed.
If you have a further enquiry that might not be answered on this page, or you would like to apply for a role on our careers page, it is crucial that you contact us via our email address. We will not be able to help via the telephone. Any messages sent to our careers email address will be picked up by a member of our team.