We're looking for people who share our passion for quality software. We want candidates who love being challenged and being around like-minded people, are passionate about quality software, and have a desire to solve problems.
As a business development manager you'll be concerned with improving and growing our business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners. You may work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets.
Travel will be required to client locations, with an approximate balance of 50% of time spent at our offices and the other 50% being spent on-site with clients or potential clients.
There will be a sole focus on B2B opportunities
As a business development manager, you'll need to:
- identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- a tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- an excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- initiative and good decision-making skills
- project management skills
- the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- great organisational skills
- good networking skills
- the ability to think strategically
- the ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
- the ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you're dealing with overseas clients.
- A full driving license is a requirement for many roles.
Perks of the Job
- Work with passionate, like-minded people.
- An Apple or PC laptop for you to use at work.
- Salary dependant on experience.
If you're interested, please send us anything you'd like us to take a look at such as your CV, links to your LinkedIn or portfolio to email@example.com.
Grow with us. Help us to succeed, and we'll help you to succeed.
If you have an enquiry or would like to apply for a role on our careers page, please do not contact the office via telephone as we are busy creating new software tools. Any messages sent to our careers email address will be picked up by a member of our team.