Solve problems, make new connections, present the best of our organisation to prospective clients, find new revenue streams and markets.
As a business development manager you'll be concerned with improving and growing our business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners. You may work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets.
Travel and/or digital conferencing will be required.
There will be a sole focus on B2B opportunities and previous experience selling digital products via a digital sales channel is essential to this role.
As a business development manager, you'll need to:
- identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- a tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- an excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- initiative and good decision-making skills
- project management skills
- the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- great organisational skills
- good networking skills
- the ability to think strategically
- the ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
- the ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you're dealing with overseas clients.
- A full driving license is a requirement for many roles.
Perks of the Job
- Work with passionate, like-minded people.
- An Apple or PC laptop for you to use at work.
- Salary dependant on experience.
The extended COVID-19 pandemic accelerated our plans to become a remote-first company. Our team transitioned to work-from-home and there are no plans to return to the office. We heavily use remote collaboration tools and have found no significant issues. Although the path to remote-first includes an international team and no restrictions on working times, we're not ready for this yet. As such all canditates must be based in the UK permanently and respect normal office hours (0900 to 1730). There is also an expectation that you can travel occasionally (once a month) to a location in the East Midlands, UK.
Starting salary is £21,000 to £35,000, which directly depends on relevant demonstratable and transferable experience in developing business in this sector. Exceptions can be granted in for highly specific experience.
Performance based increases is preferable.
We are not licensed to sponsor a visa and we have no immediate plans to register for a license.
Eligibility to work in the UK
Please ensure that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom before you apply.
We do not work with recruiters in any capacity. Please do not call us or send unsolicited CV's.
Although we have a remote team, we do occasionally meet up for social or business critical kick-off meetings. It is important that you can occasionally travel to these venues which will be based around the East Midlands.
Job Directory Websites
If you came to this page via another recruitment website or job directory, please be advised that if you submit your information through this job directory channel, you might not get a response.
Grow with us. Help us to succeed, and we'll help you to succeed.
If you have an enquiry or would like to apply for a role on our careers page, please do not contact the office via telephone as we are busy creating new software tools. Any messages sent to our careers email address will be picked up by a member of our team.